These are our top quotes so far. Keep letting me know if you find a better one, so that we can come up with the ULTIMATE list. (The bold ones, you really need to get the punctuation right, because the device is connected to the punctuation).
- Old Marley was as dead as a doornail
- A squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous old sinner!
- The fog came pouring in & (stave five) no fog
- “A merry Christmas” (Fred) and “Bah!… Humbug!” (Scrooge)
- “buried with a stake of holly through his heart.” (Scrooge)
- “decrease the surplus population.” (Scrooge)
- wandering hither and thither in restless haste. (Or another quote about the phantoms)
- six to seven, and from seven to eight, and regularly up to twelve; then stopped.”
- not so like a child as like an old man
- “Would you so soon put out, with worldly hands, the light I give?” (Spirit of Christmas Past)
- sobbed….wept (Or another quote about how different Scrooge was as a child.)
- “a dowerless girl” (Belle) (Or another quote about our sympathy for Belle)
- an antique scabbard; but no sword was in it (Or another quote about the Spirit of Christmas Present)
- “If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, the child will die.” (Spirit of Christmas Present)
- “Ignorance” “Want” (Spirit of Christmas Present”
- a solemn Phantom, draped and hooded, coming like a mist
- “we” (Bob Cratchit)
- “Will you let me in, Fred?” (Scrooge)
- God bless us, every one!
(I’ve put speech marks round anything that is direct speech)
YOU COULD ALSO LISTEN TO MY LOVELY VOICE RECORDING TELLING YOU THE STORY (IN BRIEF) BUT I’VE FED IN THE 20 KEY QUOTES.
First installment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB_IT065erQ&feature=youtu.be (6 minutes)
Second one here: https://youtu.be/2gm42kNqFLY