My Gothic Story – Megan Johnson (8T1)

My body violently jerked as the excruciating pain of venom consumed me. I went in and out of consciousness and images of an eclipse flashed through my mind. I didn’t understand what it meant but I couldn’t seem to forget it, strangely I though that it was following me.

I heard Josh’s voice calling my name.

“Rose, Rose wake up you are going to be okay!” he had a sound of panic and desperation in his voice.

I wanted to get up and tell him I loved him and that I was going to be okay but my lungs burned and I was unable to move!

It all started one day in the woods with Josh. I had known Josh all my life and we were inseparable. He was my best friend but I wanted more and that day I was going to tell him that I loved him!

When we met as usual that day there was something weird about him. He seemed hesitant to come near me, like he would hurt me if he did. His skin was a pale white and his eyes were as black as the night sky. “Josh, are you okay?” I asked.

He looked at me and said “Yes I’m fine, why do you ask?” he sounded anxious he was unable to sit still and seemed unsettled.

“No reason, you just don’t seem normal today!”

He stood up and looked at me with a stern angry face “I said I’m find, now will you please just leave me alone!” He left without saying goodbye and stormed off heading deeper into the woods.

And that’s when I noticed it, the weird symbol tattooed on his arm of a lunar eclipse. I had never noticed it before. At the time it didn’t matter, because this wasn’t normal. I needed to know what was going on, whatever it was he could tell me. I followed him we were getting further and further away from town and it was getting dark, things were starting to get creepy. 

“Josh! What are you doing?” I shouted.

The colour drained from his face. “Rosie what are you doing here? It’s not safe you need to go now, run!”

I could tell that for whatever reason I needed to get out of there so I started to run but it was too late. I turned around and stood by Josh were many more people. 

Their skin was snow white, they had jet black hair and eyes. They also had the same symbol of a lunar eclipse somewhere on their body. My head was spinning, but I understood when my gaze landed upon the dagger sharp fangs of a vampire!

Josh the person I thought I knew everything about had kept his biggest secret from me. I wanted to ask him so many questions but I couldn’t find the words to say. All of a sudden he was shoving me behind him.

Through the woods I could tell that more people were coming, but these were not vampires they had wooden stakes in their hands and chains of garlic rapped round their necks. Both sides were ready to fight and both were out for blood.

They charged at each other fangs, claws and weapons at the ready for whoever challenges them. Josh left me behind and I started to run for cover but I felt my arm being grabbed. It was a vampire he must have thought I was trying to kill him!

“No!” I shouted but it was too late.

His piercing fangs sunk into my wrist, a thick red liquid appears and I fell to the ground. I felt the life being sucked out of me as my limbs became paralyzed. I heard Josh running to come and save me but I knew I was going to die. My head was throbbing and soon everything went black.

I awoke to screaming and fighting; I couldn’t have been out long. I saw Josh he looked over at me.

I screamed, “Josh look out!” 

The hunter sent a stake into Josh’s heart. The pain in my arm disappeared only to be replaced by a new one as my heart ripped in two. I rushed over to try and save him. “Josh you are going to be okay, you’re going to be fine we are going to get you help!” Tears started to stream down my face.

Josh stroked my cheek and whispered into my ear “I love you Rose, and I’m sorry!”

I kissed him gently “I love you, and I always will!” I started to sob. He eyes closed gently and he was gone. I said goodbye and left.

I didn’t understand what he was apologizing for but as I searched my arm for my wound and looked at my skin……… white as snow and icy cold. Then I ran my finger along my teeth and a dagger greeted me! I wondered into the woods in my regenerated body, never to age or die I knew that I could never go back to my family. I looked at the palm of my hand and saw the lunar eclipse and realized it was the sign of the cold ones. That’s when I knew.

I was a vampire!

3 thoughts on “My Gothic Story – Megan Johnson (8T1)

1. The whole story was great and it was very descriptive like at the end becaue it tells you how she knew she was a vampire.